Dolores Semeraro on the truth behind Accessible Travel today with guest speakers Ali Parker from Travel Counsellors and Mike and Silvia Hill from Endeavour Safaris in Botswana.
We most commonly in tourism and travel, refer to Accessible Travel as the sphere in which travellers with limited mobility or disabilities can access travel options in a fully inclusive way.
In this episode we explore the truth behind booking accessible travel holidays for travel agents and tourism operators. In particular we discuss:
1. The Educational Sphere around Accessible Travel: the training needed amongst the tourism operators in order to deliver great travel experiences for travellers with limited mobilities or disabilities.
2. The Supply Chain and all the parts involved in delivering the perfect travel experience: from the travel enquiry to the accommodation, the transport and all the logistics.
3. The Hotel experience and how can hotel rooms & suites be more accessible and inclusive without compromising the look and feel of the space.
4. Normalise Accessible Travel and the conversations we have both with the clients and the suppliers: how do we shift from accessible to inclusive.
5. The Business Volume: is it big enough to prompt more investments and much needed changes?
6. The role of Governments and the public authorities in tourism and travel in Accessible Travel, where do the private operators feel supported and where, instead, lack of support negatively impacts the outcome of the travel experience.
The Podcast guests:
Ali Parker - personal travel consultant with Travel Counsellors, a global award-winning travel professionals’ network.
Ali has more than 20 years’ experience in making holidays and travel accessible and inclusive to all, and ever passionate on how to create holidays and travel that meet the need of travellers with even the most complex access and mobility requirements.
Ali is going to take us on a journey to when Accessible Travel was not even a thing to a world where traveling on a wheelchair is not a privilege but a right.
Mike and Silvia Hill - founders of Endeavor Safaris in - Maun, Botswana where they operate – perhaps being the only ones - incredible safari
Dolores Semeraro is an internationally recognized tourism keynote speaker and trainer who has inspired thousands of people in the tourism industry to build a stronger, more sustainable, and more resilient future of travel.
In her keynotes, Dolores shares with her audience how to develop sustainable marketing thinking through her action-oriented thought process, which observes the interconnectivity of the stages in the travel product life cycle.
By applying this process, operators in the tourism, travel, and hospitality sectors can visibly enhance the longevity of their marketing strategies, effectively rendering them more sustainable in the long term for the well-being of all stakeholders involved.
Dolores is a passionate advocate for responsible travel, sustainability, and innovation. With her signature Mediterranean warmth and straightforwardness, she encourages audiences to challenge their "Business As Usual" status and strive for the improvement of the tourism industry and the well-being of all stakeholders.
Through her decades-long experience in the industry, she has motivated hoteliers and tourism professionals to take action, enhance their communication, and create a purposeful and innovative tourism ecosystem.
She also advocates for slow travel, exemplified by her extensive travels with her husband and beloved dog in their campervan. When not chronicling ...